Why is hiring a marketing general contractor important for small businesses?
There are many small business owners that hire different marketing companies that specialize in one particular online marketing task. Having specialists that know the details of each of these areas is good, especially in areas like Google Ads and Facebook advertising.
But when you don’t have one person coordinating efforts and ensuring all are working in unison, you run the risk of potential conflict among all the parties involved.
One unified marketing strategy and plan
A marketing general contractor can help you develop a plan, choose the right activities for your business and then execute. Then you can choose which specialists you need to execute the various tasks. This ensures that your web presence and your messaging is consistent across all channels. Some activities you most likely will need help with include:
- Search engine optimization
- Web design and development
- Social media
- Local search
- Paid advertising
- Email marketing
Without a marketing general contractor that is well versed across all aspects of online marketing, you run the risk of disjointed activities that could:
- Communicate different messages
- Project an inconsistent different brand
- Target different audiences
Not to mention your lack of control and potentially higher costs.
Develop your game plan
Engage with an expert to help you create a marketing game plan that takes into account your needs and resources. They can help you select the right mix of online activities. Without this game plan, the band of “experts” you hire to help your business generate leads will not be very effective. This is because they all will want to do things their way. You run the risk of confusing your target audience. And in many cases, they will make promises on which they can’t deliver.
The benefits of having someone fill this role for your business will help you:
- Align your marketing with your business goals to ensure you are doing what you need to be successful and not wander aimlessly without direction.
- Develop a marketing plan for your business that will help you identify your target audience and niche market so you know exactly where to target your efforts.
- Create a marketing system to help you remain consistent and eliminate the feeling of being overwhelmed.
- Stay in control and ownership of your online properties. Remember, your web presence is a major component of your brand identity. And your brand identity is an important asset of your business.
If you decide you don’t want to hire a marketing general contractor, you will need to take on that role yourself. Be sure you remain in control and get what you pay for. As a small business owner, this may be one of those areas that makes sense to outsource. Someone who works for your best interests will save you money in the long run.