Practical Inbound Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses
Many small businesses have realized the effectiveness of inbound marketing in reaching targeted audiences with measurable results. Spending some time and money on building an inbound marketing plan can be the difference between a good year and a great year for your business.
Inbound marketing process is based on:
- Attracting your ideal client by providing relevant, optimized content and distributing it across different online channels.
- Converting visitors into qualified leads by offering premium content that encourages them to sign up to receive.
- Nurturing these leads by providing the right information at the right time, shortening the sales process and turning these leads into customers.
- Delighting your customers with a continuous stream of valuable content to turn them into referral sources.
Benefits of Inbound Marketing
Turn the World into Your Marketplace
There are many benefits of inbound marketing, especially for small businesses:
- You can reach prospects, 24 hours a day, every day. There is no other marketing activity that has extensive reach at minimal costs. Whether your world is global or local, inbound marketing can put your business in front of your customers when they are searching.
- You get an incredible amount of visibility that far exceeds your business size or geographic location, enabling you to reach more potential clients. Planned and executed correctly, your online marketing efforts can return a much greater return within a reasonable budget.
- A professionally developed website and quality content can position your business as an expert resource in your industry, making it easy and convenient for prospects learn about what you do, how you do it, and the knowledge you possess.
- Generating leads through inbound marketing enables you to build a larger, more qualified prospect list that you can nurture through marketing activities such as an online newsletter.
Before you can reap the benefits of inbound marketing, you need a plan. Putting structure around your strategy helps you remain focused on the goal.
Before I met Debra, I hired another firm to design and optimize my website. SIX months later, I had a total of ZERO contacts! I knew I needed help, and I knew I needed a small-business marketing expert. That’s when Debra stepped in. Not only did she help me optimize the flow, content, and functionality of my… “Scott Santarelli”
Your Inbound Marketing Plan
Define your Inbound Marketing Strategy
Understand your target audience before you can dive into choosing your inbound marketing strategies. The process requires you define your inbound marketing goals and then choose the strategies to achieve your goals. In addition, your inbound marketing strategy needs a solid web presence to support your inbound marketing activities.
Inbound marketing strategies include:
Search Marketing & SEO
Optimize content based on how people search creating visibility in the organic search engine results.
Develop a strategy to address the needs of your target audience at each stage of the buying journey.
Reach your audience by promoting your content on the social media platforms most relevant to them.
Inbound Marketing Services
Are You Ready for Inbound Marketing?
Inbound marketing takes resources to be successful but it can be done, even by a one person business. The key is to create a practical plan that you can handle or get some resources to help.
Just remember these stats about inbound marketing:
- 74% of marketers worldwide use inbound marketing as primary strategy
- Leads cost 61% less than outbound marketing
- Generates 3 times the number of leads
- Websites with blogs generate 126% more leads
- Inbound marketing is 10X more effective for lead conversion
If you are still unsure whether inbound marketing will work for your business, fill out the form on our contact page and let's set up a brief call. I'll be happy to answer your questions.