Marketing Coach, Speaker, Author and Entrepreneur
My mission is to help small business owners and independent professionals achieve success by learning, incorporating and executing marketing strategies and programs that help their business go from mediocre to marvelous.
The freedom you gain by having your own business and being an entrepreneur is worth all the time, money and effort it takes to start and succeed as a small business owner. As a marketing coach, I empower small business owners, including independent professionals and entrepreneurs, to take control of their marketing to control costs and get better results.
I started Vista Consulting in 2002, a successful marketing agency that primarily worked with high technology companies and service businesses to help them market their products and services more effectively. But my passion was unleashed in 2007 when I started Masterful Marketing®, a marketing coaching business targeted at helping small business owners take back control of their marketing.
The force behind Masterful Marketing was observing the difficulty many small business owners had with marketing, wanting help but unable to justify the cost of a consultant. Many times I had been approached by small business owners who would ask me if I could help them, but I knew that my consulting business model did not cater to their needs or their budget. In addition, small business owners need a marketing system to help them stay focused and on track which at the time, I didn’t have available to them. So through my desire to help business owners build their businesses around their passions came Masterful Marketing®.
Launching Masterful Marketing has fulfilled my dream of helping many small businesses navigate the complex online marketing world. Nothing is more liberating than having control of your livelihood, income and destiny in life. I want to share what I’ve learned with others so they can enjoy what I enjoy.
Looking for an engaging speaker or panel member on social media and online marketing? If you need someone passionate about marketing to educate and inspire your audience, consider me for your next event. I customize each presentation to the particular audience, but the following are several examples of topics I have spoken about previously:
- Lead Generation, What Works Today – 90 minutes presentation on how to integrate online and social media marketing for lead generation.
- Marketing for Contractors – 3 hour workshop for contractors and home services businesses.
- Get Connected, Get Found™ – tele-clinic or workshop covering the basics of how to use social media for marketing your small business.
- I have a thirst for learning and knowledge and don’t mind spending time learning what’s new in marketing to help you get where you need to go in a much shorter period of time.
- I pride myself on being able to reduce business and marketing concepts into consumable pieces that are simple to understand and implement.
- I have walked the talk as they say. I don’t just tell you what to do hoping it works. I’ve implemented most marketing campaigns for my own business, enabling me to help you implement successful campaigns and increase your chance of success.
- Web Presence Marketing System -a system designed to help small business owners master the online marketing skills required to remain competitive in today’s marketplace.
- Customized coaching and advisory services – customized packages to help you overcome your marketing challenges with less stress and in less time.
“The step-by-step methodology that Debra uses made sure that we all got onto the same page on each incremental building block of the [marketing] plan. By the end of the day, we had clear objectives, much better collective focus and a way to move forward.”
Ken Kahn, President
In the News
Occasionally I get quoted in various publications. I’m always flattered when I’m called out of the blue because a writer finds my website. Here are a couple of the most recent articles in which I was quoted.
- The Marketing And Advertising Jobs With The Best Future – Forbes, March 13, 2013
- How to Create Social Media Buzz Before Opening Your Doors – Intuit Blog, February 27, 2013
- Don’t overdo your online networking – Boston Herald, September 25, 2011
- “Create the Business Breakthrough You Want: Secrets and Strategies from the World’s Greatest Mentors” featuring business giants Brian Tracy, Robert G. Allen, Bob Proctor and Mark Victor Hansen (Chicken Soup for The Soul) and endorsed by Dr. Stephen Covey and Ken Blanchard.
- “Creating a Simplified, Integrated Practice Marketing Plan” for “The Business of Healthcare” three volume set edited by Kenneth H. Cohn, M.D. and Douglas E. Hough, PH.D.
- Business Network International (BNI). I’ve been a member since 2002, been awarded notable networker and serve on the leadership team.
- Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce. I’ve been a member since 2002 and served on their Board of Directors until recently.
- Marlborough Country Club. I’m been a member since 1981 and I have served on their Board of Directors since 2003.
Besides loving what I do for a living, I also have several other passions that command some of my attention. Balancing it all is what makes life fun and rewarding.
- Golf. I play as much as I can when the weather gets warm. I belong to Marlborough Country Club and serve on their board of directors. I am also a member of the Worcester County Women’s Golf Association (WCWGA) and the Women’s Golf Association of Massachusetts (WGAM).
- Fitness. I enjoy looking, feeling and acting younger than my years. Maintaining a fitness regimen helps me keep up with all the activities I get involved in. My usual workout includes a high impact Thai kickboxing class, power walking in between classes and I walk the golf course when I play.
- Socializing. To counter all that healthy living, I regularly enjoy good friends, good wine and great food.
- U2, Bon Jovi & Coldplay music and concerts. I’ve discovered U2Start.com and have a huge collection of U2 concert recordings. In addition, I’ve added to the live recordings with a couple of Bon Jovi and Coldplay concerts.
- Technology. I call myself the closet geek. My background is in computer science and I love to play with gadgets. Developing WordPress web sites for my clients is a great way for me to lose track of time.
- Critters. I love all animals and currently have a cat family that keeps me company while I work from my home office.
- Kevin. Last but certainly not least, I have the best friendship with my husband of 20+ years. We understand each other and complement each others’ strengths.
Feel free to contact me via phone or email listed below:
The following form will send an email directly to me: